Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Three Friends

The long pause is due to the fact that I was visiting friends in Virginia and attending an Exploritas (new name for Elderhostel) event in Charlottesville. The visits were fun but the really exciting part of the trip was learning about the three presidents: Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe. I have a new appreciation of their efforts on behalf of the new nation. We visited the homes of all three presidents and toured the grounds. We toured the University of Virginia, Jefferson's creation. At Madison's home we visited the Center for the Constitution and participated in an interactive experience with the document. We even received our own copy of the Constitution! My respect for these three founding fathers has increased by leaps and bounds. Our country would not be what it is today without their efforts. Truly they were dedicated men.
Now I am happy to be home, and I'll be glad to sleep in my own bed, but the information I learned will stick with me for a long time. I also have some ideas that I will use with my adult students at RACC. What a valuable experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment