Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowed in

I'm not venturing out in the car this morning, even though the driveway and street are fairly clear. Just for another few hours, I am reveling in the in-betweenness of being snowed in. Remembering all the snow days when I was young and school was cancelled, all the teaching days when I received the 6 a.m. call that we were not having school, or there was a two-hour delay. Time shifted gears, slowed down, and I seemed to slow down with it. I could read a book, uninterrupted. Paint, sew, write. Create. And if I had to shovel, well, so be it. A good excuse for hot chocolate!

5 comments:

  1. Now that I know you have a blog, I've become your first follower. According to the paper, we had 18" of snow here. I've shoveled a path on the deck so I could get to the bird feeders. Poor things were hungry and invited friends. I needed to add more seed.

    Teen boys shoveled for us yesterday! YAY! I don't like to see Lou doing it, especially when there is so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this is great, Mickey! I went out to CVS and WalMArt for Judith's meds this afternoon. The snow is absolutely beautiful, clean and bright still. I love the places where the snow blowers have made a clean cut and one can see the whole depth of the drift, interrupted for a person or a car. It is beautiful. And it reminds me of when we used to cross-country ski in the Allegheny National Forest in northwestern PA. Such beauty and peace, and in February the days lengthen, so one can enjoy the snow longer each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to see two good friends on the blog this morning.

    As I start week 4 of postop I need to start something more, I've decided I need to return to my writing. Will anyone be at the studio on Tuesday?

    "The Letter" needs to be my focus when I'm not knitting.........and until Ryleigh is born next month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to find where to add your blog to my list but haven't figured that out yet. I'll work on it later today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nanc,

    Not going to be there tomorrow because of the snow! Can I send you an exercise to do and then we might meet Later?

    ReplyDelete