Thursday, August 12, 2010

"So Much Happiness"

     That is the title of a poem by Naomi Shihab Nye, and it describes how I feel to a T. Tom and I plan to marry in December, when friends and relatives from far and near can fit us into their holiday plans and we won't interfere with school and work. I have heard that these days weddings take a year or more of advance planning, but we want our life together to start as soon as possible, so we're compressing the timeline. Makes the planning a bit of a bobsled ride!
     Saturday I will have the opportunity to spend a week with his family in a large beach house on the Outer Banks. Ah, the beach, my favorite of all places. Well, maybe not better than Paris, but certainly equal. They each have their own charms. I'm looking forward to this with great anticipation.
     Google "So Much Happiness." It's good to remind ourselves that happiness floats.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment